Tuesday, June 24, 2014

{Guest Designer} for Something Tattered

Today I am guest designing for Something Tattered, and I wanted to share what I made with their gorgeous stamps! My sweet friend is one of the pastor’s at our church. She is of course super busy, and I thought a small little ‘to-do’ book might be just what she needs. I used a thin journal and decorated the front. I did not add any dimensional elements because I want her to be able to stack this on her desk without lumpy embellishments getting stuck on something. So, the Something Tattered stamps were perfect for adding a bit of design fun to this book.

Pin It

I first painted white gesso on the book. Then I used some matte lime acrylic paint along with the Something Tattered Den Wallpaper Background stamp to randomly add a bit of stamped color to the background. I then layered some Blue Fern Studios Ombre Dreams patterned paper and added the stamped Swirls Stamp set for the title. I fussy cut the image after stamping it. And lastly I used the Brooch Bling stamp set to add a few more design elements.
Journal: Moleskine Cahier Squared 
Papers: Blue Fern Studios Ombre Dreams Ginger's Dream and Shannon's Dream 
Something Tattered Stamps: Den Wallpaper Background Stamp, Swirls Stamp Set, Brooch Bling Stamp Set 
Stamp Ink: Archival sepia, Adirondack willow 
Paints: Ayeeda Paint matte lime and matte apricot, Liquitex white gesso 
Embellishments: My Little Shoebox brownie alpha stickers, misc. hymnal paper, sewing machine

Thanks so much to Something Tattered for allowing me to guest design for them. Their stamps are truly unique and beautiful. Click here to see all of their yummy goodies! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a joyous little book---I'm sure she will appreciate it! These are lovely stamps. Jennifer in Ohio

Anonymous said...

I love it! Anything with music draws my attention, but the "tattered" look is so perfect. I want one! :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails