Sunday, June 29, 2014

Two {Love} Layouts with Blue Fern Studios

(Note: Today's Scripture Lessons and Lyrics Challenge will be posted tomorrow. Be on the lookout!)

Hello Blue Fern Studio fans! It's the 29th so it's time for me to share my June Blue Fern Studios creations with you. Let's take a look!

I Love You More
For my first 8 1/2 x 11 layout, I used a photo of two of my daughters that I took while we were on vacation in May. As a family, we say "I Love You More" a lot to each other. I felt that this photograph looked like a time they would be saying that to each other. The Blue Fern chipboard title "I Love You More" was perfect for the page. I also used the Blue Fern Garden Parlour papers.

Pin It

To color the chipboard, I coated it in white gesso. While it was still wet, I spritz on several different mist colors then let dry. Some of the color pooled in some areas but I liked that because of the effect it gave the chipboard.

And notice below how I left the branding strip on at the bottom of the patterned paper. The branding strip contains the paper name, UPC code, etc. Sometimes I cut them off, sometimes I leave them on the paper as I did here, and sometimes I use the strips on cards and layouts. On the far left hand side, you can still kind of see the word "garden" at the bottom. I covered it mostly in modeling paste but still some showed through which is fine. Don't be afraid to keep those branding strips on your pages! Have fun with them.
Papers: Blue Fern Studios Blue Fern Garden Parlour and Calling Cards 
Stamp: Bo Bunny Stained Textures, Memory Box Rings and Dot, Becky Higgins date stamp 
Stamp Ink: Archival jet black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink tumbled glass 
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: I Love You More (painted w/gesso and Prima Color Bloom glistening waves mist and Shimmerz Coloringz mama sings the blues) 
Embellishments: Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Collectables, Petaloo burgundy/pink assort. Blossoms and blue/green daisy, Prima Princess Castle flower, Inksesstials craft tag #5, misc. wood veneer, misc. lace, sewing machine

Love Remember
For this 8 1/2 x 11 layout, I used the new Ombre Dreams Joyce's Dream paper. I also used the beautiful chipboard piece called Circle Flourish Small.
Pin It

To color the chipboard, I coated it in white gesso and let it dry. I then used a paint brush to paint on several different mist colors. By using a paint brush I was able to control where the colors went and how dark they appeared.
Papers: Blue Fern Studios Ombre Dreams Joyce's Dream 
Stamp: Becky Higgins date stamp 
Stamp Ink: Archival jet black, Jenni Bowlin soap powder 
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Circle Flourish Small (painted w/gesso and Prima Color Bloom iris and summer sky) 
Embellishments: Prima Serenity flower, and Avante Spring flowers; Prima wood veneers and Corine flower; Wild Orchid Craft flowers; 7 Dots Studio Illumination elements; Liquitex light modeling paste; Golden black gesso; joint tape; misc. enamel dots; sewing machine

Thanks for joining me today! See you again tomorrow with our Scripture lesson! Blessings,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be-yu-ty-ful!!! (I know someone who says that in four syllables when it's really WOW.) Here I've been cutting off those strips....must try using them for something other than paper chains, though that works too. Love the hymn under the picture. Did you splatter black paint before attaching a photo?
Thanks for sharing this. Jennifer in Ohio

Patter Cross said...

Agh, Jennifer, thank you!!! You are always too sweet! :) And, no, I splattered the paint on after I put my photo down. Dangerous right? LOL! No, I cover the photo with scrap paper. I may share that on Tuesday for a Tuesday's Tip post. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails