Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A {Card} and a Layout for Blue Fern Studios

Well, it's the 21st which means it's my turn to share some Blue Fern Studios inspiration. For my creations this month, I created a card and a layout for you. Let's look at each of them.

Sweet
When our identical triplets daughters turned 20 this past September, two of them were away at college. Celebrating a milestone with them away from home was hard. So, I enlisted the help of one of their friends at school to have some special surprises waiting for them on their special day. In order to thank her for her help, I created this card and included a gift card. 

I started with the new Blue Fern Studios Montage papers (Now and Then and Fairyland). Then I added a sentiment from the Arrow Words chipboard set. 

To color the chipboard, I lightly tapped on some black gesso. You can still see some bits of the natural chipboard showing through. I wanted it to have a more textured look instead of painted just black so I was able to achieve that by painting it in this way.
Papers: Blue Fern Studios Montage Now and Then and Fairyland, Paper Trey Ink cs 
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Arrow Words (dabbed with black gesso) 
Embellishments: Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, Petaloo New Camelia Tangerine flower, Prima Color Bloom gilded mist, misc. lace, drywall joint tape, misc. enamel dots, black thread, sewing machine

Cherish
For this 8 1/2 x 11 layout, I started with the new Blue Fern Studios Mercantile paper. I toned down the background just a bit by putting down a thin layer of gesso. Once dry, I added some stenciling and Gelatos for color.

I used two chipboard pieces from Blue Fern StudiosAdore, Love, and Cherish that I used for the title, and the Wild Flourish Frame. To cover the title chipboard, I just covered in black gesso. To cover the flourish chipboard, I first coated it in gesso. While the gesso was wet, I sprinkled on two different colors of embossing powder.

Papers: Blue Fern Studios Montage Mercantile, Fairyland, Bouquet, and Now and Then
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Wild Flourish Frame (painted with gesso and embossed with Lindy's golden angel wings and hibiscus rose orange ep); Adore, Love, and Cherish (painted with black gesso)
Stamp Ink: Archival jet black
Stamps: Unity Give it all Meaning, Unity Retro Bubble Borders, Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge

Embellishments: Prima Corine flowers, Petaloo blue/green mini pearl daisies and New Camelia mantis green, The Crafter's Workshop cosmic bubbles stencil, Gelato cotton candy, Wild Orchid Crafts leaves, Tim Holtz mini paper clip and tiny attacher, flair from Glorie, sewing machine

Thanks for stopping by, and remember there is still time to join in the Blue Fern Studios October Sketch Challenge. Click here for details. Blessings,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, subtly done work, Patter! I know that your daughters feel very loved. The details are especially winsome. --Jennifer in Ohio

Anonymous said...

Hi Patter, I just recently found your blog in this big ole' blogoshphere and today I wanted to say a proper "hello"! It's funny because I came over to look at your card post and your studio on the sidebar was on an even line with my eyesight when I scrolled to the card post... well, I am just now getting back here to say "Hi" because I got lost in your studio video! LOL! I love that card you made... I'm an all layers kind of girl so it really made my crafty card muse smile a very large smile!
Hugs and nice to meet you!
Beth P

Anonymous said...

Both projects are so pretty!!!! :) Evie

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I'm so glad you found a way to share your birthday love with your daughters, Patter. What a sweet friend to help you out like that. Your creations are breathtaking and so beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails