Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tuesday's {Tip} Photographing Your Work

In April 2013, I posted about photographing your work using a Cowboy Studio. I love my Cowboy Studio, and I still use it. However, I have found something else I love, and I thought I would share it with you. Click here to see my post using the Cowboy Studio.

Now let's look at my newest find. I was searching etsy one day, and I came across vinyl photography backdrops. These can be cut into huge sizes or you can buy 2 ft. x 2 ft. samples which is what I purchased. I actually purchased the Grungy Barn Wall color from SwankyPrints. I purchased a few other colors too but this is my favorite. 

I lay this on the floor, put my piece down, then stand over the top to photograph. Most of my photos have been taken this way for the past 2 months or so. You can see the vinyl in this photo:

Doesn't it give a nice background? To store, I just roll it back up and put into the mailing tube it came in. I then stand the tube in a corner of my room. Easy and inexpensive. The vinyl runs about $10 a sheet. Not bad!

Hope you find this helpful. Enjoy your Tuesday. Blessings,

2 comments:

Dorothy Kovak said...

This is a useful tip and resource. Thanks.

Jennifer Hovermale said...

Thank you very much for this great tip!! I will have to invest in one of these vinyl sheets. So, when you photograph a card, where is the lighting coming from?

Related Posts with Thumbnails