Monday, March 21, 2016

Art {Journaling} A Class Creation

Today I wanted to share a page that I created while taking Roben-Marie Smith's class called "From Here to There" Art Journaling Mini Workshop. Click here for more information. Roben-Marie has been my favorite artists/instructors for at least 5 years. Her classes are totally worth it, and truly the only ones I seem to finish. LOL! One thing Roben-Marie suggests is that you also create tags while creating an art journaling page. I did not do that with this page spread but I am doing it now. I must say, I LOVE the suggestion. It is very easy and quick to create the tags while doing your page, and they turn out beautiful. I will share those in another post since they go along with another piece I am working on.

On this particular piece, I share another BSF principle from our study in Romans. The scripture itself says:

Romans 1:18-20 "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

In this scripture we see people are without excuse because God can clearly be seen in His creation. This is known as general revelation. His creation is evidence of an all-powerful Creator God. And the principle is:

"God reveals Himself through His Word and His creation."

The flowers below on my page represent just a small part of His creation.



Size: Small Dylusions Journal 
Paper: Canvas Corp Black and White Damask Reverse, misc. hymn and book paper 
Stamps: Alisa Burke Doodle Flowers, Paperbag Studios Mixed Media Essentials, Art to the 5th Art Fusion 
Stamp Ink: Archival Ink jet black 
Paints: Dylusions squeezed orange, Dina Wakley heavy body lime acrylic, Golden Fluid Acrylic cobalt teal and paynes gray, Folk Art wicker white and bright pink 
Tools: Rae Missigman stencil M070 and M072, Crafter's Workshop Circle Explosion stencil TCW278s, Pigma Micron pens 0.3 and 0.5, Stabilo All pencil, scissors, sewing machine, manual typewriter 
Embellishments: correction pen

Thanks for joining me today. Have fun creating and looking around at His creation!

Product List (click product tags for more information)
View blog post for supplies

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails