Thursday, April 28, 2016

Art {Journaling} Inspiration Journal iw1.6.16

So, I completed my first page in my new Inspiration Journal. I am following Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday's this year and using this journal I made this past weekend. To see the journal, I have recorded and shared a video in this post here. This page is the first lesson of the year that Donna shared. Yes, I am in catch up mode. I tried new techniques that I have never done before on this page which made it so fun. Just loved it. I also used one of my favorite color combospink, teal, and orange. Now let's look at the page:





Papers: Canson mixed media paper 
Stamps: Tim Holtz Tall Text, Becky Higgins date stamp 
Stamp Ink: Archival Ink sepia, Hero Hues India ink 
Paints: Liquitex gesso, matte medium, and modeling paste; Golden Fluid Acrylics transparent pyrrole orange, quinacridone magenta, turquoise phthalo, cobalt teal, burnt umber light; Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid Satin 
Tools: Donna Downey Brushes and Artist stencils, Tim Holtz tiny attacher 
Embellishments: Probe cards, misc. number tickets, misc. tag

I had to add the word 'mistakes' to this first page because I find with art journaling, I embrace the mistakes which is something I never used to do in my scrapbooking. I was a perfectionist. I love just playing and not worrying about the mistakes. Are there mistakes on these pages? Absolutely. Do I embrace them and just go with it? Absolutely! That's what makes art journaling so addictive to meI can just create and not worry about the "perfectionist in me." Love that! Well, thanks for joining me today. And as always, feel free to ask questions in the comment section. I will answer you there. Blessings,

Product List (click product tags for more information)

View blog post for supplies

2 comments:

Jennifer Hovermale said...

Very colorful! I was wondering how you would use those smaller "folder pages." Wonderful idea and creation!!

LisaDV said...

So lovely. Love the bright pink and teal. I always love the look of letters glued down and painted over and totally forget to do that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails