Friday, June 17, 2016

Art {Journaling} Inspiration Journal iw6.13.12

No, you are not seeing things. This Inspiration Wednesday was from a video from 2012. I watched it and loved the butterflies which were done by image transfer. I generally do not like to do image transfers but I think I may have fallen in love with the technique after trying it again. I have not done it in years, and I may be doing it more often. Anyway, to see the original video, click here.

For my page, I chose butterflies that were of course pink in nature. You can find them in my printables folder on Pinterest here. Here is what they looked like after transfering them to my page:


While the butterflies were pink and I incorporated pink on the edges of the page, I ended up drawing out the green in the butterflies for this page. I also chose to put artist words on these pages using a stencil and light modeling paste. I then added a tag with scripture, more stenciling, and something I found on the web. I just loved what it said about God being the first artist. It says:

"God created the universe and all that is in it. God is a creator, an artist. In fact, He is the first creator and the first artist. He had everything imaginable and unimaginable at His disposal when He created. It was a palette of raw materials and colors that He used to make what we see around us, what we don't see, and what we haven't seen yet. The wonders and beauty that came out of that palette are amazing and awe inspiring." — Holly McMurtry

Isaiah 40:28 (NLT) "Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of His understanding."

Jeremiah 51:19 (NLT) "But the God of Israel is no idol! He is the Creator of everything that exists, including His people, His own special possession. The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is His name!"






And underneath the typed tag, I stenciled the word 'artist' using light modeling paste. The video only shows stamping words but I chose to do some stenciling and glazing over it.
Papers: butterfly printable from Pinterest 
Stamps: Dylusions Basic Background, Illustrated Faith date stamp 
Stamp Ink: Archival watering can, Hero Hues India Ink 
Paints: Golden Matte Medium, Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid Satin, Golden Fluid Acrylics quinacridone nickel azo gold and quinacridone magenta, Liquitex light modeling paste, Martha Stewart Satin green curry 
Tools: Stencil Girl Deconstructed Floral Bouquet, palette knife, bone folder, Donna Downey Artist stencil, Tim Holtz tiny attacher, vintage typewriter 
Embellishments: misc. tag, misc. sari ribbon

Thanks for joining me today. I hope you will watch the video and give this one a try! Blessings,

Product List (click product tags for more information)

View blog post for supplies

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pages are inspired - absolutely. They are clean, fresh, and uplifting. Love the quote and scripture verses, as well. Wonderful work.

Susan M said...

Beautiful Patter love that gorgeous shade of green !

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Amazing page! Thanks for linking the video!

Related Posts with Thumbnails