Sunday, April 28, 2019

Recycle Those Bottles

Recently I have finished off two bottles that now work perfectly for my arts and crafts. One used to be a Dermalogica facial toner bottle, and the other one was a bottle of hand sanitizer. Let's look at them both.

Facial Toner Bottle
First, this bottle delivers a beautiful mist when sprayed. I have always loved it. So, I knew that once it was empty that I would keep this bottle. It was very easy to clean once I was done with the bottle but the label left a lot of adhesive that was just awful. The adhesive went all the way around the bottle. I was not about to spend a lot of time using Goo Gone to get it off. So, my solution was to use a bit of paint for fun. The paint covered the adhesive, and then I added a thin layer of matte medium on top to seal. Now it not only works as an amazing water bottle on my table, it looks cute too!


Hand Sanitizer Bottle
Most hand sanitizer bottles are either tiny or rather big. This one is inbetween, and I got it from Bath and Body Works several years ago. I knew this bottle would be perfect for "matte medium on the go" or to even keep on my table instead of my large bottle which takes up a bit of room. It squirts out very nicely, and it will pack very easily in my travel bag too. Perfect!

So, start looking at those used bottles. How can they be recycled for your arts and crafts? Consider that before tossing them in the recycle bin. Thanks for stopping by, and have a blessed week!

3 comments:

Jennifer, Allan, & Julia said...

Thanks for the tip. No creative decoration for the matte bottle yet?
Jennifer In OH

Patter Cross said...

Ha, ha. No, Jennifer. No decoration for the matte bottle. :) Hope you are well!

Debbie From Illinois said...

I’ve wrapped bottles with washi tape. It’s a great way to use up my endless collection. 👍🏻😳😀

Related Posts with Thumbnails