Sunday, April 13, 2008

Get that Sewing Machine Out!

Oh my goodness, how I love to sew. I have sewn for about 30 years. Now I don't have time to do much of anything anymore but I have always loved the look of sewing on layouts, cards, and tags. Well, my wonderful machine is in my beautiful sewing cabinet that my mother gave me but I never get it out to use it: until this week! Now I am totally addicted. I had so much fun making these three cards and sewing on them. The first card I did for design team work for both Triple the Sketch and Inspire Me Card Kits. The second card was also for Inspire Me Card Kits, and the last one I made just for fun using some new papers I got from Create My Keepsake. I mostly used machine sewing; however, on the second card, I did do some hand sewing on the butterfly. So fun! So, if you haven't gotten your sewing machine out lately, I highly recommend it! Have fun, and thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great cards!! You do fantastic work!

Unknown said...

Those cards are AWESOME!!!

Jennifer Sizemore said...

You have inspired me to get my machine out and dust it off! (so long as it is for cardmaking and not curtains or some such boring thing.)

Anonymous said...

Love love LOVE your cards! I use my sewing machine all the time... almost on everything I create! It is so addicting and adds such a nice touch to projects. TFS yours!
~Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Oh, I was going to add... I actually got my first sewing machine last August as a birthday present because I wanted to sew on my layouts and cards! :) haha.... I have NEVER used it for anything else. Kind of funny I don't use it to make anything out of fabric and stuff.... would have NO idea where to start :) lol
~Chelsea

mborrero said...

beautiful

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I so love your stitching- gorgeous cards!!!!

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful cards! Love the mix of straight line & zig-zag stitches on the first one. tfs! :)

Raechelle Bellus said...

Beautiful cards! I also like my machine. :)
Rae

Amy W. said...

great cards Patter! i will definately pull my machine down from my shelf today. :)

Danielle Holsapple said...

All 3 of these are just delicious!

Nevis said...

Great looking cards! I love the first one especially.

Anonymous said...

WOW! These cards are gorgeous Patter!!!

LisaW said...

I love how you went from the straight stitch to the zig zag and back to the straight. Looks awesome.

All your cards look cute! But I just finished up a sewing project so I could put my sewing machine away. It's gonna be a couple of weeks for me before I pull it back out. :)

mel4christ said...

Awesome cards. I just love your style, you are so creative and classy!!!

Melanie

Brandi said...

I would sew on my layouts more but I can't figure out how to change the bobbin (it has red thread in it! LOL!) and I can't locate my owner's manual! Sad huh? :)

Linda said...

Pretty cards!

Rebecca said...

Amazing cards! Love them!

Susan Westberg said...

I absolutely *love* your style. Your creations are amazing!! Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

SUPER cute stuff girly! :)

Paula said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! Love these ones. The colours are just awesome :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails