Sunday, April 20, 2008

Scripture Challenge {Week 16} & a RAK!

I don't know about you, but I love studying God's attributes. I have a book written by Rosemary Jensen, the former Director of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF), called "Praying the Attributes of God." I really think this will be a summer study for me after BSF ends in May. So, I thought I would start throwing in some of His attributes for us to look at through our Scripture Challenge. This week, I thought we would look at:

Week 13 Challenge Word: His Presence

God's presence can be found when we seek Him with our whole heart. When we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior, we are filled with the Holy Spirit, and we are now adopted into our Father's family. Our Father is there with us when we are sick, when we suffer, when we doubt, when we experience joy, etc. He is with us no matter the circumstances. And in His presence, we find the safety and peace we long for. He is always there (ever present), and He cares. He knows your heart, He hears your conversations, He notices what you do over and over and over again. He is not just present at Easter or Christmas or times of sorrow. He is with us each and every day. Do you notice Him? Do you feel His presence? Ask Him to remind you of His presence.

I found another great quote from Max Lucado for this week. He says "His presence never diminishes. Our awareness of His presence may falter but the reality of His presence never changes. We cannot find a place where God is not." I just love that! How perfectly put! That quote is going in my journal!

The scripture I chose for this week is:

Psalm 89:15: "Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord."

And I used the fun April kit from Create My Keepsake again to create my card.
Please join our discussions at Create My Keepsake, The Scrapping Spot, Scrapjazz, and Faith Sisters. And for those of you that post a link to your completed card or page in the comment section here of my blog, you will be entered in a random drawing to win this wonderful devotional:
Your card must be posted on my blog by Saturday, April 26th. I will draw the winner on Sunday! I hope that you will look for His presence this week. Or even look back on today to see where He has been with you today! Have a wonderful week!

22 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love your card -- of course! :) What a great reminder to keep looking for His presence in our everyday lives. He's there just waiting for us.

Colleen said...

Patter, you do such a great job with these. I love reading what you have to say about that weeks word. I have fallen SOOO far behind, I need some time to get caught up. I am swamped for the next two weeks. I am in charge of the Ministry Fair at my church next week and my daughter gets confirmed the week after. Hopeing after that week everything returns to normal and I can get caught up. thanks again for doing this. I am really looking forward to having the album I am making with the scripture challenge.

Anonymous said...

What a great subject. I love these challenges, Patter. And how very sweet of you to include a RAK! Thanks for all your inspiration. As always, I love your card!
~Chelsea

Keleia said...

Another very timely word. Thank you ever so much for providing not only the word for the week, but the great devotional to go along with it! [url=http://www.faithsisters.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/14264][img]http://www.faithsisters.com/photopost/data/6297/thumbs/Scripture_Challenge_Week_16_-_Presence_-_Page_001.jpg[/img][/url]

Scripture by Design said...

Does it have to be a card or L/O? Can it be an ATC?

Leah's Crafty Life said...

I must have really needed to scrap this today. I loved your entry this week. Thanks so much for the challenge, Patter!

the front

the back

Karen Mills said...

Oh wow Patter, such a great word! So many verses this week. I finally found one that just touches me right now. http://www.scrapjazz.com/galleries/20907/view/466258/-1/0/1.html

Karry Weaver said...

I look forward to Sunday night...just waiting with anticipation to read our word and to read your wonderful devotional. You are such a blessing. Thanks you so much for all you have helped me grow. I have enjoyed every scripture. My son asked me last night if I was trying to rewrite the Bible. He was commenting me on my scripture journal! :D

Here is this weeks page: http://www.scrapjazz.com/galleries/28174/view/466294/-1/0/1.html

JackieAnn said...

hi Patter...LOVE your inspirations...here is my card that I also used your pattern from Triple The Sketch this week...BONUS =) http://www.faithsisters.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/14347
JackieAnn~

T.Blecha said...

Hey Patter. Just wanted to drop these links and let you know again how blessed I feel to be participating in this challenge. I've gotten really far behind and things have been crazy in life, then I turn around and the cards are waiting to be done and I am always learning something new or being calmed by the studies. Thank you!

Front:

http://www.scrapjazz.com/myjazz/index.php?mod=galleries&u=34096&m=view&id=466362&page=1

Back:

http://www.scrapjazz.com/myjazz/index.php?mod=galleries&u=34096&m=view&id=466360&page=1

4guysandagirl said...

I always look forward to reading your blog. Thanks for the inspiration. I did a LO instead of a card. I think I'm the last remaining scrapper not to have any ATC cards or holder. It's on my list though!

http://thestancils.blogspot.com/

Michelle

Nevis said...

Hullo! On that "His Presense" card...how did you get that LACY pattern on it? Is that a punch?

Anonymous said...

I found it interesting that a lot of the verses about God's presence also spoke of last week's word - JOY... Thanks again for the challenges Patter! Here's mine for this week:

www.flickr.com/photos/25252212@N04/

Sarah M

Anonymous said...

Maybe this will work....


http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com
/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1334029

Sarah M

Debra said...

Great challenge! I did a layout, I hope it's okay posted at SSD, Thanks!
http://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/inspiration/showphoto.php?photo=31697&ppuser=2767

Lynn said...

It is national no TV week and that helped me get caught up (almost!). Mine is on my blog...should be able to just click my name to get there but here is the link just in case!

Thanks!

http://pensandneedles-lynn.blogspot.com/

Lynn said...

Patter...you left a comment on my blog asking what album I was using...it is a Maya Road flip calendar! I am hoping I can fit all 52 weeks because right after I got it in January they clearanced them out and I can't find them any more!

Stephanie said...

Here's mine: http://www.scrapjazz.com/galleries/28663/view/466962/-1/0/1.html

Nothing like the last minute huh?

nanasdinky said...

Here is my layout for the Scripture Challenge 16...His Presence. Thanks for letting me play along...

http://www.faithsisters.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/14563

Lynn said...

Me again! =) I didn't see your question about the scrapbooking bible study I am doing! Hope this answers your questions! We're using God's Good Gifts which is a scrapbooking Bible study guide. It comes with activities to do during that week (we are doing months instead of weeks) and a verse for each day. Then when we meet there is a devotional and questions. Then we scrap! This is our second one...last year we did Fruits of the Spirit.

Anonymous said...

Hi Patter,
Thanks for commenting on my cards. You asked where I got the small envelope on the back of my card. I used the coluzzle envelope template to make my small envelope and the card that fit inside of it...
Sarah M

Anonymous said...

Finally did mine. Great word to remind us that his presence surrounds us especially at this time in our lives.
Here is a link to mine.
http://www.scrapjazz.com/galleries/17948/view/466976/-1/0/1.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails