Sunday, November 2, 2008

Scripture Challenge {Week 44}

Week 44 Challenge Word: Need

Need. What is need? Webster’s says it is “something useful, required, or desired that is lacking; want; requirement.” It can also describe out spiritual condition before God. What do you need most? Love? Acceptance? Safety? Healing? A new car or other material things? Even though each person is uniquely different, we all have the same needs, and our biggest need is for a Savior.

God is our Great Provider, and He gives us everything we need! He already knows our needs and is faithful to meet them. A devotional I read says “God is that safe place . . . He has set Himself apart for us so that He is available to meet our needs whenever, whatever they are. Go to God.” How simply and perfectly put! Max Lucado also suggests saying the following several times very slowly:

“The Lord is my Shepherd; I have everything I need.”

Love that! And as I turned my calendar to November yesterday, here is the verse that was written on my calendar:

New Living Translation of Philippians 4:6 ". . . tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."

I guess God was confirming our word even after I had mostly completed my study for the week. He is so good! He even supplies the confirmation I need each week to not lead you astray and to show you what He wants you to see each week! He knows what you need! Praise you Father for your constant provision for all of our needs!

He also reminded me of this hymn that I have not sung in quite a while. Oh how I love this hymn, and what a great reminder that we need Him every moment of our lives! Here is just the first verse and the refrain:

I Need Thee Every Hour
I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.

Refrain:
I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.


For my card this week, I used the awesome, awesome November kit from Create My Keepsake! I love this kit so much that I have already created this ATC, a layout, and a card! I can't wait to create more! Here is my card:
I used Philippians 4:11 on my card "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."

What a great reminder! How will you depend on the Lord this week for all of your needs? Enjoy, and have a blessed week everyone!

4 comments:

Ally's Corner said...

Great word for me this week.
DH got a job but the pay is low and the insurance is high. We still have to sell our home since we can't live here with that kind of a income. So we are learing about "Need".

Sharon said...

Thank you for this weeks "word". It really spoke to me about our home situation and a situation at work. The fact that I really "need" to turn those work worries over to Him. The verse from the card and calendar were really on target for me! Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Great word this week Patter. I've been feeling very insecure this past week and this study is a great reminder that God is in control and providing for my need to feel secure. He is what I nee most.

Tanis said...

That IS a great word. Thanks so much again Patter...your words are a constant source of encouragement.

Related Posts with Thumbnails