Thursday, December 22, 2011

Art {Journaling} A Tree

Note: To see today's {Faith Journaling} prompt, please click here or scroll down one post. :)

If you saw my post last week, you know that I am taking a sketch class with Alisa Burke. If you missed that, see my post here. Well, part of my homework was to look for things in my neighborhood to sketch. As I was walking our puppy this morning, one of the neighbor's yards had a metal Christmas tree in it with colorful balls on it. It was quite whimsical and cute. So, since I don't sketch, I figured I could try a triangle and some circles. So, here is what came of my sketching:



Supplies Used: Sakura Koi watercolors, Sharpie poster paint white, Pentel Ener-Gel pen

And I am so embarrassed I am even sharing this with you. It looks like a Kindergarten drawing but oh well. It was a fun process, and now I have a journaling page all about seeing this as I took Kody for a walk today. I doubt sketching will be my "life time" style but it will certainly be a fun addition to my regular art journaling pages!

Thanks for looking, and have a blessed Christmas!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Bunnyfreak said...

I love the whimsical feel of the drawing. You are your own toughest critic.

pigsathome said...

I think your tree is darling! I wish my drawings looked so good!

Melissa Czapor said...

It is and adorable tree!! I honestly don't think it looks like kindergarten work at all!! You have more talent than you realized!! Blessings and hugs!!

con10t777 said...

I think your sketch is wonderful! I come from a family of artists and apparently they have inherited all the genetic material as I would have trouble sketching to your level . . . so be sweet to yourself! I love the depth you managed while maintaining the whimsy! Merry Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails