Friday, December 23, 2011

Crochet {Creations}

Today I thought I would show you some crochet items I have been working on. First, I must show you my absolute favorite yarn for afghans and scarfs. It's from Hobby Lobby, and ironically the name is "Pitter Patter" yarn. :) It comes in many colors--solids and variegated. For each of the afghans I am making, I will use the variegated yarn for the body of the blanket and a solid color for the edging.


The pattern I am using is from the "The Prayer Shawl Ministry: Reaching Those in Need" (Leisure Arts #4225) book. You can find it on amazon.com here. I am making four afghans right now, and all four are in various stages. These afghans are for my daughters, and they chose each chose the yarn they wanted. Here is a close-up photo of the stitches. It's a combination of chains, single crochet, and double crochet. Super easy and fast to do. I have the pattern memorized too which makes it so easy to take this on the road with me. And look how soft this yarn is! Oh my, if you are in Hobby Lobby, you just need to grab a skein and touch it! :)

This afghan is finished. I just need to add the border which will be a solid green. The true color of the afghan is in the close-up photo above. Not sure why it photographed funny when I took a photo of the whole thing.

This afghan I just started a couple of weeks ago since my daughter finally found the yarn she loves. I will crochet the border in a deep purple to finish the edges.

This afghan is complete also. I just need to do the border on this one. This border will be done in solid brown.

This afghan is about half way done. Not sure what color I will use for the border yet. Since I am partial to pink, I may go with a solid pink. :)

And here is a scarf using the same stitch that I made for one of my girls at her request. It was a very quick scarf to make. I made it in a matter of hours. I used the same pattern I am using for the afghans. The only difference was that I just chained 19 stitches for the width and then made it 68" long--which is plenty long for us shorties!



I hope you have enjoyed these. I am truly enjoying crocheting each night as we have family time. I am always too tired to do anything else, and this works great when sitting with the family! Have a Merry Christmas, and see you after the holiday! Blessings,
Photobucket

8 comments:

Melissa Czapor said...

These are beautiful!! Blessings!

Susan Lankford said...

You are amazing...the afghans are lovely!

June K said...

These are lovely. I guess this yarn was named just for you. How funny.

Cassie said...

These are lovely, Patter! I crocheted some hats for my niece and daughter this year. So much fun :D

Susan M said...

These are beautiful Patter. The wool looks so soft and the colours you have chosen are so pretty. I am nearly up to date with my ABC Scripture pages.Thank you so much for this challenge which has been a new experience for me and an introduction to blogging! May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas !

Unknown said...

Love your projects and i will be checking that yarn out at hobby lobby the next time I am there.
I too love to crochet and knit and find it very relaxing especially once you memorize the pattern.
TFS
Merry Christmas

Blessed Ladybug said...

love it very nie... love the items....Great work but that on everything you do....

Bunnyfreak said...

I will have to look for this yarn.

Related Posts with Thumbnails