Sunday, June 12, 2016

Glory {Art 2016} Scripture Challenge #6, Impact

The Study
What kind of impact are you having in your family? Your community? Your church? How about beyond that? Everyone one of us will leave some sort of impact but what kind of impact are you leaving? Have you ever thought about it? We leave an impact on people by what we do, what we say, how we live out our faith daily, and how we show love to others.

1 Timothy 4:12 "Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."

Our Daily Bread says this about 1 Timothy 4:12 "Paul’s words aren’t just for the young generation. All of us should be an example in word, conduct, love, faith, and purity. That’s how we make an impact for Christ. 'O Christians, remember, you bear His dear name, Your lives are for others to view; You’re living examples—men praise you or blame, and measure your Savior by you. —Anon.'"

Yes, our lives are for other to view, and people measure my precious Lord and Savior by what they see in me. What a privilege but also a huge responsibility that should not be taken lightly. Am I good living example? Oh I pray I am but I also know I falter. How about you? A quote from a historical fiction book by Darlene Franklin I am reading was wonderful. It says:

"Sometimes the only Bible people read is your life and a lot of people are watching and weighing your actions."

Your actions will leave an impact good or bad. Think about that. Remember that. If you want to leave a godly impact on those around you including those you love, then you must follow Christ's example He sets for us in His Word.

1 Corinthians 11:1 "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ."

1 John 3:18 "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth."

1 Peter 2:21 "To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His steps."

Did you see that in the verse above? We are an example, and by that example we make an impact. Again, what kind of impact are you making on those around you?

Rick Ezell has a sermon posted at Lifeway.com about making a lasting impact. You can see the entire sermon by clicking here clicking here. Anyway, a quote from his sermon says:

"Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage."

I know I want people to taste godliness when they see me and hear me. I want to make that impact on peoples lives that leaves them wanting to know more about Christ and to follow His example. Don't you?

The Art
For today's art, I chose to do an Inspiration Wednesday piece (iw3.30.16). I used the 1 Timothy 4:12 verse from above and added the word 'impact' to my page. I chose black for the edges and for the keyword to have more of an 'impact'. 


Papers: misc. book paper, paper bag
Stamps: Technique Tuesday Handwritten LC Large alpha, Illustrated Faith date stamp 
Stamp Ink: Hero Hues India Ink 
Paints: Plain Jane Stained Glass hot pink, Liquitex light modeling paste, Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid Satin and Fluid Acrylic cobalt teal, Ranger Multi Medium Matte 
Tools: Stencil Girl Deconstructed Floral Bouquet and Illegible, Tim Holtz tiny attacher, typewriter 
Embellishments: misc. tags

Feel free to join us on the Facebook page where some people will be sharing their creations. We also have some discussions that will be going on there too about the study. If you don't use Facebook and want to share your creation here, do so below by using Inlinkz! To see all of the information regarding this challenge and the previous studies and art tips, please see this post here. Thanks for joining me today. Now think about the impact you are having in the world around you! Blessings,

Product List (click product tags for more information)

View blog post for supplies


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails