Friday, July 22, 2016

A Bit of {Crochet}

Well, I do not remember when I started this afghan. I only did about one section of each color, and then I set it aside for a bit because life got really busy, and of course, it has been too hot. Well, it was time to give it to the person I made it for this week so I had to get busy. Last week I decided it was the perfect thing to take along on my trip. So, I packed it up, and I was able to finish it on Wednesday of this week.



The Stats 
Yarn: Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn
Hook Size: 5.0 mm (H)
Starting Chain: Forgot to note.
Number of Colors Used: 4 different colors (antique teal, brown, sea blue, and sungold)
Amount of Yarn Used: Not even one skein of each color.
Pattern: Click here.
Finished Size: Darn. I forgot to measure before putting it in the box to mail.
Date Started: Spring 2016
Date Finished: July 20, 2016

Edging
I made up the edging as I couldn't find my favorite edging pattern. Here is what I did:
  • Two sc in each space around the afghan. Do not turn.
  • At beginning of round of sc, *sc, dc, sc in next space. Skip next sc, sl st in next st, skip next sc*.
  • Repeat * around afghan then finish off.
I hope you have enjoyed this bit of crochet today. I also pray that the person receiving it will love it too. As always, thanks for joining me!

3 comments:

Susan M said...

It's beautiful Patter , the recipient will be thrilled !

TishSch said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and the edging. I sadly had to give up doing large crochet projects due to my carpal tunnel. But I always love a crochet blanket!!

Patter Cross said...

Oh Tish, thank you. I also have carpal tunnel. I can only use Addi hooks now but they work. I also wear my splints to be every single night. It's the only way I can continue to crochet by using and doing those two things. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails