Saturday, July 23, 2016

Beginning a New {Crochet} Blanket

Now that I finished the blanket I was working on, I decided to do something for fun using yarn I have in my stash. Here are the colors I am going to use:

I am going to use the same Cosy Blanket pattern I used for my last afghan. Click here for the pattern. Also, something else I did was create yarn pegs of my colors. I am going to start doing this so I have a collection of my yarn colors. I love the idea. To learn more about yarn pegs, click here. Here are my yarn pegs for this afghan. 

The color number is written on one side, and the color name is written on the opposite side. SC stands for 'Stylecraft'. When I create pegs for my other yarns, I will do the same. My favorite yarn (Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn) will have an abbreviation of HL. I also took a photo of them in the color order I want to use, printed the photo, and stuck it in my yarn bag. That way I have a quick and easy reference. 

Today I will get started on this bit of fun. Can't wait to see how the colors turn out! Let me know if you have any questions in the comment section below, and I will answer there. I always appreciate your comments and you stopping by. Thank you, and have a blessed weekend!

Product List (click product tags for more information)

View blog post for supplies

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails