Thursday, July 7, 2016

{ICAD} #12 through #16

Yes, I am still working away daily on my cards. I can't remember when I have enjoyed something so much except the watercolor journal I did while we were on vacation. Click here if you missed that post. So today, I wanted to share five more cards. Let's get started.

ICAD #12, Garden
I went off prompt again with this one and chose 'garden' for my prompt instead of 'TV'. I used a quote from one of my favorite Christian educators and authors, Dr. Henrietta Mears.


ICAD #13, Playground
I did not know what to do with this prompt. But on my desk there was a piece of deli paper with black paint on it and a paper bag. I decided to use these two items. I punched out three black squares from the deli paper, and this made me think of hopscotch. So, that's how playground fits in. Then once I created the card and I was taking a photo, I noticed this phrase "Man has been made by him." I thought "what on earth is that doing on a time book page." I look in my vintage time book and found that the entire sentence is actually "I certify that the time given each man has been made by him." Well, I had no idea that the scrap of paper that I used here would end up just saying that bit of the phrase. Now I wished I could have used this scripture too:

Genesis 1:27 "So God created mankind in His own image. In the image of God He created them; male and female He created them."

I am going to note Genesis 1:27 on the back of the card now. Just love it!


ICAD #14, Venn Diagram
Oh my goodness, I had no idea again what to do with this prompt. Sometimes these really stretch me but it's a good thing because it makes me create something I wouldn't have thought of. So as I saw this prompt, the wheels were turning. I searched Christian venn diagram images on Google, and saw a PowerPoint slide of this venn diagram. I liked it so much I decided to recreate it. Then I chose some fun background paper from my Bible Encyclopedia along with a BSF principle to help with this truth.


ICAD #15, Bouquet
Well, I cannot draw so I chose to do an image transfer of roses for this card. Then I added the Genesis scripture.


ICAD #16, Wallpaper
Oh dear, how can I do a card with just wallpaper. I couldn't. I ended up creating 'wallpaper' with a stencil and acrylic paint. Then I had to add a little something more because it was just too plain for me. It's still a little too plain so I added some postage stamps. Reminds me of living in England. Perfect! The scripture I chose is Isaiah 12:4.


As always, I appreciate you stopping by. Have a blessed Thursday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails