Sunday, November 22, 2015

Glory {Art} Scripture Challenge #20, Truth for Living

The Study
Today's study is a continuation of our truth study we did back on February 8th. To see that study, click here. I came across some other things that I felt God wanted me to share so we will discuss this topic a bit further.

Two of my daughters began studying a book called "Truth. Seeing black and white in a gray world" by Matthew P. Kinne and Patrician R. Mitchell. I began reading the introduction which says:
Truth is true--even if no one knows it.
Truth is true--even if no one admits it.
Truth is true--even if no one agrees with it.
Truth is true--even if no one follows it.
Truth is true--even if no one but God grasps it fully.

I just loved that, and this is what caused me to think we needed to continue this study. The statements above are so powerful and true! Do you agree with the statements above? Let's break it down.

Truth is true--even if no one knows it or admits it.
Do you believe everything you read, hear, or see on TV? I hope not. Do you believe what people say? Sometimes it is definitely easier to believe what the world says and go along with the world than it is to follow what God says. The world will let you down. The One truth we can always trust and believe in is God's truth. He is not like us. He does not lie or change His mind. People may not know that or admit that but it is truth!

Numbers 23:19 "God is not human, that He should lie, not a human being, that He should change His mind. Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?"

Truth is true--even if no one follows it.
His Word and His truth tell us how we are to live. His truth gives us instructions for everything in our lives. It is not just a story. Will you follow Him? Will you allow Him to guide you and teach you daily instead of the world?

Psalm 25:5 "Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long."

Proverbs 4:5 "Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget My words or turn away from them."

His Word is truth and changes lives. We need to study His word so we know the truth, we believe the truth, we live by the truth, and are changed by the truth. But each person alone must start by first accepting that truth.

John 14:6 "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'"

2 Thessalonians 2:13 "But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.'"

What we or others think about Jesus doesn't change the truth of who He is or what He accomplished.

Truth is true--even if no one but God grasps it fully.
How do you handle the truth of Jesus even the parts you don't understand? What difference does His truth make in your life?

Isaiah 40:28 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom."

Isaiah 55:8-9 "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.'"

Is His truth your plumb line for your behavior and daily living?

The Art
This week, I have created a Journaling Bible page. Some art notes about this page are:
  • The butterflies are stamped onto coffee filter sheets that I first painted and then cut out after stamping.
  • The background was done using the same technique I used in this post.
  • The black splatters are done with watered down Golden black gesso. I keep it in a Mini mister, shake, and then unscrew the lid. I splatter whatever is on the tube. Makes it easier to splatter than actually misting.



Feel free to join us on the Facebook page where some people will be sharing their creations. We also have some discussions that will be going on there too about the study. If you don't use Facebook and want to share your creation here, do so below by using Inlinkz! To see all of the information regarding this challenge and the previous studies and art tips, please see this post here. I pray you will go out each day being molded by His truth.

Product List (click product tags for more information)

View blog post for supplies



1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Patter you do lovely Bible Journaling. The butterflies look good and thankyou again for some great teaching. In case life gets busier still and I do not get back again this month .... May you and your family have a very Blessed Christmas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails