Friday, July 19, 2013

Organizational {Friday} My Studio Video Tour

Yes, can you believe the title? My studio tour is finally here for you to see. It only took me a year after moving in to get it ready for you. LOL! I have not been happy with my room and have moved things around several times. I am finally really pleased with it. And I decided not to put up window treatments. I love all of the light I have and wanted to keep the windows "as is."

Now on with the tour. First, my room is not one of those white, clean rooms. I love different woods. I love "cozy," and my room is definitely that. I serves many purposes so you will see:

*A die cut area
*A sewing space
*An office space
*An art journaling table
*My Scrap 'n Cube for scrapping

I have room for 4 people to craft in here with me. Now to just find some local scrappy friends. LOL!

As you watch the video, I take you on an "overview" of the room. Below the video, you will see links to the posts that talk about specific parts of my room. If there are other things you would like me to post about, please be sure to leave a comment in the comment section here.

Pin It
Now, here are some links to previous posts that go into detail about specific pieces you see in the video:


Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed my tour. If you are ever in the area, I would love to have you come by and craft with me! Blessings,

Update December 2015: Unfortunately my friend and owner of Stampin' Things passed away from breast cancer. Her products linked above are no longer available. Thank you for your understanding and prayers for Sue's family.

19 comments:

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

Wow! There are no words! a dream!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful room! I love that you have so much light. Thank you for inviting us to peek in. Maria

Anonymous said...

What a lovely space for creating all sorts of items. Thank you for showing us your beautiful room. Blessings, Jennifer in OH

Jannie said...

What a terrific room tour, Patter! Your organization and room set-up ideas always inspire me!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Wowza Patter - that was fabulous. I want to come and play. Very organized! You must love spending time there. Do your girls enjoy this art as you do? Thanks again for the extra links in this post and all the ways you encourage and inspire through your art. ~ Abby

Sherry C said...

Awesome space, Patter! I love that you have an art station set up and ready to go!

Leora said...

Thanks Patter. I loved the tour. Can you tell me about the Scrapncube set up that you have to the left of your scrapncube desk. It looks like newer cubes with the frame labels. It also looks like there is an open space on top. How is that configured?

Patter Cross said...

Thank you all for your sweet words. :) And Leora, that piece is the Mini Apothecary Cabinet from Scrap 'n Cube. They only made one, and it's the one in my room. I LOVE it but I don't think it was going to be a big seller. You could certainly e-mail Cindy at Scrap 'n Cube to see if they can make one for you. Just tell her you are interested in Patter's Mini Apothecary Cabinet. You can also see my post about it here:

http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/2011/06/organizational-friday-new-furniture.html

Let me know if you need anything else. Blessings,

scrapcreator said...

Absolutely beautiful room! Thank you for sharing.

Jeanne

Susan Lankford said...

Wow! You are one busy lady in this amazing space!
You've motivated me to get back into my own "Craft Cave" (which is much smaller than yours)....but with some new ideas about organizing!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Patter, what an awesome room you've got! One day, yes, one day I will have a room just for myself. :D TFS! Hope all is well! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Ashley Calder said...

What a lovely room! You are so well organized!!!

Valerie said...

What a blessing to have such a wonderful room filled with wonderful things! I have to use my dinning room table and clean and put everything away every meal time. :( Someday I hope to have a wonderful room of my own.

pattyg said...

Love your room! Thanks for taking the time to post a video.

Traci S. said...

Hi Patter--

What an attractive and well organized room! Next week, I plan to rework my room. My mother has given me 2 van loads of her former art room materials.

I am thinking of doing my giant cubes (2'x2') by color since that is how I tend to think. I will have all pink paper, pink ribbon, pink...glitter, distress inks, brads together...Everything except adhesives, copics, colored pencils which will be on my large work table. All of my machines will be on book shelves. Before I sort and move everything...Do you see any negatives in doing it this way? I would gratefully appreciate your feedback. I don't have a lot of small shelves or drawers. How would you suggest the company an item is from as well as any other info SCS would like posted with projects would be marked?

Thank you so much for the wonderful tour of "your space!" Wonderful!

His,
Traci Starkweather
tracistarkweather@gmail.com

TLady said...

WOW PATTER!!!!!!!! THAT ROOM WOULD TAKE A YEAR or MORE to get settled!!!!!!!!LOL I can ONLY IMAGINE the time it took to get it all packed/ unpacked! :) Aren't you worried about your paper bleaching out from the sunlight, there by your window? I have a mini- apothecary cabinet also! JUST LIKE YOURS!!! People can check on Amazon or E-Bay! I believe my husband got mine on E-Bay several years back! FABULOUS ROOM!!!!!!!!;)

scrappymommy (Debbie) said...

I want to see what is in ALL of those drawers! Your room is so beautiful and well organized!!

Stephanie said...

The tour was well worth the wait. Your room is gorgeous. I really like how you have all the different areas (stations) set up. You definitely show that a functional room can also be beautiful. Thanks so much for the time it took to share it with us.

Mrs Frizz said...

wow - a place for everything and everything in its place ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails